Financial counselling is a free and confidential service provided by qualified financial counsellors who are experienced in working with financial issues caused by problem gambling and addiction. They help relieve the stress and develop a treatment plan for the future.
How can a financial counsellor assist you?
Financial counsellors listen to you, are non-judgemental and understand that life has its ups and downs. They are there to support you to deal with your financial problems.
A financial counsellor acts solely in your interest and will:
- assess your current situation
- give you information about your options
- work with you to develop a plan
- deal with credit providers and others on your behalf
- negotiate with gas, electricity, telephone and other providers to develop workable payment solutions
- develop a budget with you for the future.
Who do we help?
- people who have a gambling addiction
- people who have financial difficulties as a result of their problem gambling
- people whose finances are being affected by another person’s gambling addiction.
We see people from all walks of life and different levels of income. Whether you are in the midst of a financial crisis or simply wishing to avoid a crisis – we are here for you.
Some of the problems we help with are:
- concerns that you may have a gambling addiction
- difficulties in budgeting and making ends meet
- being worried about your credit cards or what you owe
- not knowing how to deal with debt collectors
- concerns about your car being repossessed
- your mortgage, electricity, gas and other bills
- legal action as a result of your problem gambling debts.
Taking action now stops the situation from getting even harder to manage. All you need to do is phone us to talk to a counsellor and then make an appointment.
To find out more about financial counselling contact us to talk to a counsellor and make an appointment. Free interpreters can be arranged.